Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How I Knew

Reminded my husband that it was three years ago today that he was in the ER getting a sliver of metal out of his eye. He wondered how in the world I could remember the exact date ...

...BECAUSE it happened on the same day that our precious grandson, Carlos, was born! I'll never forget that day. I had been at the hospital since the night before. I was there to help Alyssa through labor and welcome her incredibly adorable baby.

After sufficient time oooing and aaahhhing over my grandson and making sure Alyssa was doing well, I headed home ...totally exhausted.

I sat down on the couch at home and sighed a big sigh (at approximately 9:00 PM) ... just before Bob told me I needed to take him to the hospital because whatever was in his eye was killing him.

Off we went to the ER waiting room. A long night, and it was May 20th by the time we got home, but the hospital records state that he was treated on May 19. How could I EVER forget that date?

No comments:

Post a Comment